Job Title: Senior System Engineer(s)
ASI System Integration, Inc. is North America’s leading independent provider of IT services and solutions. We provide consistent processes and tools combined with the right skills at the right time and place. We design IT solutions that fit your unique requirements with a complete breadth of distributed IT solutions. Drawing on deep industry expertise and customized solutions, we blend strategic designs, using proven IT technologies, and world class service and support capability to create effective solutions that remove cost and complexity to maximize your returns on IT investment.
If you are a proven Senior Windows Systems Engineer with a focus on virtualization solutions, this is ideal role for you. We are looking for engineers to work on complex, thought provoking projects. We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineers who work with Solution Architects to design, implement, administer, and support complex virtualization environments. VMware (VCP) certifications are required. Microsoft Professional, Master or Architect Certifications would be beneficial.
- Provide consulting engineering services for the planning, coordination, and implementation of releases, upgrades,
- Support Wintel Server and Application environments
- Ideal candidate have demonstrable experience navigating large enterprise environments, marrying complex business requirements to progressive design solutions.
- Responsibilities will include installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrade activities. Senior Engineers must be capable of presenting solutions to the client audience
- Developing detailed documentation, and driving service delivery of large scale systems deployments, virtualization, server migrations, and system integration and server consolidation projects.
- Must have deep expertise and a career focus in the use of prevailing virtualization technologies.
- The candidate must be able to contribute to assigned projects from inception to delivery. The projects this person will work on will vary, but will often be centered on Virtualization.
- Experience with MS Exchange Migrations, MS Exchange Upgrades, and MS Server upgrades would be beneficial.
- Install VMware Capacity Planner and create reports for customers
- Install and configure VMware vSphere including networking and storage configurations
- Install and configure VMware Site Recovery Manager and work with the storage team to implement and test SRM
- Install and configure VMware View including View Manager, View Security Server, and View Transfer Server
- Create VMware View desktops and assign those desktops to pools
- Create virtual applications using ThinApp
- Provide support to customer systems
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Solid Understanding of Storage & Blade Technologies that integrate with Virtualization
- Solid understanding of Wintel Server platforms
- Solid understanding of routing and switching technologies
- Solid understanding of Backup technologies that leverage virtualization
- Advanced knowledge of server and blade (HP) architecture
- Certifications in Vmware would be a plus