Job Title: Storage & Server Backup Solutions Architect
ASI System Integration, Inc. is North America’s leading independent provider of IT services and solutions. We provide consistent processes and tools combined with the right skills at the right time and place. We design IT solutions that fit your unique requirements with a complete breadth of distributed IT solutions. Drawing on deep industry expertise and customized solutions, we blend strategic designs, using proven IT technologies, and world class service and support capability to create effective solutions that remove cost and complexity to maximize your returns on IT investment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge of storage, server, and blade technology, processes, industry expertise and consultative sales skills to assess and educate customers on value of storage infrastructure and management.
- Engage with Sales Team for Pre-Sales Consultative selling and post sales implementation.
- Works with the sales team to architect, design, and implement complex storage, server, and blade solutions including performing customer white-boarding.
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients' technical and business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into Storage and Virtualization solution opportunities.
- Perform complex analysis of storage, backup and DR environments under limited supervision.
- Exercises initiative in architecting enterprise data storage designs, programming, and modifications of backup storage applications programs for small, mid-size and large environments; using a variety of different operating systems (UNIX, Windows, Linux, and Apple OSX).
- Develops and implement data storage design and software from documented requirements, performs unit and integration testing, and supports system and acceptance testing as required.
- Determines the impact of changes in systems and applications upon the enterprise data storage architecture, and makes recommendations to support release planning and implementation for applications developers and systems administrators.
- Leads systems administrators in their consideration of the impact of changes in configurations upon enterprise data storage requirements.
- Creates Statements of Work and documentation for Backup, Recovery and Storage environments.
- For the enterprise data storage backup environment, supports the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation.
- Perform product evaluations and comparative deep dive analysis, and make recommendations to customers for best of breed product and offerings.
- Lead and monitor all customer implementation deliverables including installation, configuration, and testing of data storage backup components.
- Design and implement backup de-duplication and recovery plans.
- Design and implement health check operations for storage and backup environments.
- Resolve and troubleshoot technical issues on data storage and backups.
- Author, review and update documentation of procedures and methods as needed.
- Provide engineering leadership in design and implementation of backup strategies and technologies.
- For the data storage backup environment provide written deliverables for action plans, long-term strategies, migration plans, best-practice recommendations, capacity planning.
- Good understanding of Virtualization technologies such as VMware and its integration with Storage.
- Good understanding of various Storage Management products and offerings.
- Plan the implementation of recovery of systems and services and participate in scheduled disaster recovery exercises.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on experience with HP Storage Platforms including, 3Par, EVA & P4K
- Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on knowledge De-duplication Platforms: HP D2D,
- Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on experience with Data Domain and EMC.
- Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on experience with NetApp Storage.
- Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on experience with Dell Compellent & Equalogic.
- Architect level knowledge of backup products as well as hands-on experience such as Symantec NetBackup, BackupExec and Commvault Sympana.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of iSCSI, FC architectures and products include SAN switches, VTLs.
- OEM Certifications a big plus.
Minimum of a four-year of college degree or equivalent work experience in storage, server, and blade solutions is required. Equivalent training and experience may be substituted if appropriate.
Work Environment and Schedule
- ASI System Integration New York City Headquarters (or as required)
- Work Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday to Friday, or as required.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in team leadership and end-user support of computer based office automation systems.
- Working knowledge of multivendor solutions.
- Strong understanding of storage and server based applications in a network environment.
- Working knowledge of email, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
- Working knowledge of hardware, software, networking concepts, and business systems.
- Strong background in customer service.
- Helps to affect change and expect success; plans carefully to avoid the possibility of failure.
- An inquisitive nature that is open to learning from all sources.
- Integrity and clearly defined values; a demonstrated understanding of the importance of honesty, fairness, and civility.
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal presentations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work after hours, weekends as required
- A valid driver’s license, dependable transportation and proof of insurance.